[meteorite-list] Lots of Gold and Meteorites on Heritage Auctions

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:17:44 -0700

I reported every single stone in the NWA 1110 Martian pairing which
amounted to several dozen. I cleaned each individual and made sure the
classifying scientist examined each and every one of them after a type
specimen was submitted. Then an image was taken of the entire lot and
submitted to the Nomenclature Committee. I generally avoid pairings
since they are so troublesome and are piggy-backed constantly. Over ten
lazy dealers self-paired to NWA 1110 which was an official pairing in
itself. Do you think this is fair to honest dealers who do all the heavy
lifting and follow the rules?

Image of entire NWA 1110 lot:
https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/get_original_photo.php?recno=5631053

Bulletin entry:
https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?sea=NWA+1110&sfor=names&ants=&falls=&valids=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&categ=All&mblist=All&rect=&phot=&snew=0&pnt=Normal%20table&code=17124

Remember, that a so-called meteorite "dealer" went to jail for
piggy-backing and self-classification of stones which turned out to be
terrestrial. Now that he is out, he is filling out whistle blower forms
with the IRS on meteorite dealers in the United States in hopes of
collecting a 15% reward.

Stones that are are self-paired carry a lot of risk,

Adam