[meteorite-list] Ensisheim 2017: fresh news

From: Zelimir Gabelica <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:56:54 +0200 (CEST)

ENSISHEIM ?METEORITE 2017? LAST NEWS (May 29, 2014)

Dear meteorite friends, members of IMCA &Meteorite-Central List,
Please find some fresh news about 18 th ?Ensisheim-Meteorite 2017? show edition.

GENERAL

Flyer & links: go to the city site:
http://ensisheim.net/culture-loisirs/bourse-aux-meteorites/
then click at ?Download the flyer? (in English) or ?S?lectionner la plaquette? (in French).
I can also send the flyer by mail, on request.

You might know that henceforth, the Ensisheim meteorite show is organized by the recently created ? Association of Friends of the Ensisheim Meteorite ?, supported by the
? City of Ensisheim ? and of the ? Ensisheim Federation of Associations ?.
Our new Association is now officially recognized and registered.

Its renewed staff includes 18 members, namely:

- a ?Board of Directors? composed of 6 ?Administrators?, thus Zelimir Gabelica (President, show chair), Alain Lauer (Vice-president), Alain Devilliers (Secretary), Claudine Buck (Vice-secretary), Nathalie Meissner (Treasurer) and Pol-Justin Bloom (Vice-treasurer)

- then 12 (French-speaking) Board members (?Assessors?), including Andr? Besson (Tahiti) Anne Black (?Embassador? for USA), Michel Habig (Mayor of Ensisheim), Etienne Lefebvre (Belgium), Philippe-Schmitt-Kopplin (?Embassador? for Germany), Fran?ois-Marie Sarti (Madagascar) and Sabine Valange (Belgium, show co-chair), and 5 other members of the local logistic staff.

TABLE RENTING AND RESERVATION

All the 66 tables (61 ?regular? and 5 window-tables in the consignment room) are now FULLY BOOKED.

The slightly increased number of tables reflects the opening of the SPIESS room (on the right side after the entrance), that now accommodates 8 more tables. Visitors entering the palace are automatically directed to cross the Spiess room.

My last compilation (May 29) reports 91 dealers on ?regular? tables (including the main co-dealers on the same table) and 6 other dealers in the consignment rooms.
Here is the (still provisional) list of registered dealers (in alphabetical order of the main dealer) :

AFANASYEV Serge/RAZUMOVSKY Anatoly /SADILENKO Dima + 3 assistants (RU),
AID Mohamed (MA),
AITHIBA Abdelhadi & El Mokhtar (MA),
BARAKSHIN Andrey & Marina (RU),
BLACK Anne (US)/WARIN Roger (BE),
BOURAGAA Ahmad/BOUFFERA Ahmad (MA),
BRIDENNE Pierre/ISELIN Jean-Claude/DA COSTA Daniel (FR)
CARION Alain (FR),
CASADO Jos? Vicente & Alan Wilfrido (ES),
CHAOUI Rachid (MA),
CIMALA Marcin/MAZUREK Kazimierz (PL),
DECKER (Stephan, Christian + 2 assistants (FR),
DEHNER Thomas (DE),
DICKENS Dustin (US),
EGER Uwe & Eva/METZLER Knut (DE),
ENNAHI Larbi (MA),
ETAOUSSI Labib (MA),
FARMER Michael (US),
GABELICA Zelimir (BE/FR) (consignment room)
GOFF Martin/HIGHES Tom/SELF Magnus (GB),
GREN Andy/GABEL Olaf/KURSCHAT Maren (DE),
HABERER Siegfried/SCHNEIDER Karen (DE),
HMANI Mohammed (MA),
HOEFNAGELS Ben (NL),
HUP? Greg (US),
ISMAILY Sidi-Mohamed (MA),
JACKSON Luther (GB) (consignment room)
JAWORSKI Laurent/BILLARD Jean-Luc/GUICHET Frantz (FR),
JOST Marc/STURNY Madelaine/STADLER Thomas (CH)/KOPPELT Andreas (DE),
JUNGHANS Abdul (DE),
KACHALIN Dmitry & Natalya (RU),
KALACHEV Viacheslav & Natalia (RU),
KARL Moritz & Joachim (DE),
KINGSBURY Mayya & Michael (US),
KOSER Hans (UY),
KUMMEL Peter (D)/SMITS Rob & Ana (NL),
KUNTZ Fabien/GERBET Marie (FR),
LABENNE Luc (FR),
MOSER Francesco (IT) (consignment room)
MOULAY EL BACHIR Didy (CH),
PACER Gregor/Elisabeth (DE),
PANI Ahmed/STEHLIK Harald (AT),
PEL? Pierre-Marie (FR),
RALEW Stefan (DE),
SCHMITT-KOPPLIN Philippe (FR/DE) (consignment room)
SHUMILIN Valery & Elena (RU),
SIBON Mathieu (FR),
SKORNYAKOV Slava/BALABAEV Stepan (RU),
SMAL Beno?t (BE),
SMULA Lukasz & Magdalena/WEREMA Kacper (PL),
STRUFE Hanno/WOMBACHER Kally/KNOFEL Andr? (DE)/LENSSEN Rob (NL),
TURONE Oscar (AR) (consignment room)
VASILIEV Sergey & Lena (CZ),
WENGERT Sigrid (DE) (consignment room)

All these people can benefit of a free badge, on the basis described in the flyer.

ARRIVAL

Dealers can enter the Regency rooms to set their tables on Friday morning from 10:00 ?to 17:30 (sharp) and/or on Saturday from 7:30 to 9:30, after having first collected their badges at the reception desk (entrance of the Regency palace) and after having paid their tables to the cashier prior to climb the stairs.
Please prepare cash (preferred), possibly French checks (tolerated); credit cards are not accepted. People without badges are not allowed to enter during the set up times.

FOOD AND DINNER PARTIES

When you read this, consider you might have less than 10 days to ask me for a reservation for the FRIDAY DINNER PARTY (send the number of people and names) before I close the reservation list.
The dinner starts on Friday 16 th, on the main square under the tent, at 20:00.
This reservation is not a strict control but helps the cooks to prepare the appropriate amount of food.

As last year, the dinner menu is based only on poultry (guinea fowl, which happened to be the best compromise between red meat and the current poultry white meat?. In 2016 it proved to be a very tasty meat, far better for health than the red meat.
Vegetarian menu possible, but please specify.

So far I have on my list about 35 firm reservations and as much ?very probable reservations?.
May I suggest you don?t wait too long before you decide to attend this ?unavoidable? funny event.
Let?s say it better: ?please hurry up?!

INDUCTION CEREMONIES:

The induction ceremonies of the new ? Knights of the Ensisheim Meteorite ? now replace the former ? Honorary Guardians ? nominations. Their status is of course equivalent to that of the old inductees and both must be considered as forever ? Ensisheim Meteorite Guardians ?.

This year, the new inductees are:

Claude ABEL (FR) (Ste-Marie-aux-Mines show chair),
Uwe Eger (DE),dealer
Mohammed HMANI (MA),collector & dealer
Werner KELLER (CH), colelctor
Christophe URBANO (BE), collector
and Karen ZIEGLER (US ? Scientist at UNM)

We recommend attending this part of the welcoming ceremonies that we?ll maintain brief enough so as to save time for the friendly drinks tasting.

THEMATIC EXHIBITS

The 2017 theme concerns the meteorite falls in the 21 st century.
Besides the 2 corresponding lectures (see flyer), we are planning to display in the Regency museum windows (ground floor) many of the most representative meteorites that fell after January 01, 2000.

So far, since the first fall in 2000 (Tagish Lake, January 18) and the most recent one (Oudiyat Sbaa, fell Nov 16, 2016, officially approved May 22, 2017), I have compiled 127 approved falls and 17 doubtful falls.

Be ready to bring your best samples of any of the recent falls for a display within the Regency Museum !
Come on, bring along your most aesthetic samples of Moravka, Beni M?hira, Kilabo, Neuschwanstein/Jesenice/Stubenberg (Dieter ?), Maromandia (OK, this one from me), Ouadangou, Oum Dreyga, New Orleans, Park Forest, Benguerir, Villalbeto/Draveil, (Pierre-Marie ?), Bassikounou, Moss, Carancas/Cali/Daule/Thika/Katol/Aiquile (Mike ?), Tamdaght, Chergach, Buzzard Coulee, Mifflin, Tissint, Soltmany (Marcin ?), Chelyabinsk (Serge ?), Saricicek, Osceola, ?Oslo??but why not also the elusive Sutter?s Mill or the rare Ejby, Hradec-Kralove or Jinju?
unless you could get a fragment of the very recently confirmed fall of June 2016 in Arizona, namely Dishchii?bikoh, the newest LL7 (formerly known provisionally as ?White Mountains?) ?approved May 29, 2017 ? hey, it is today !!)

Please, don?t bring FINDS.
Note that casts and some explanatory editing are also particularly welcome.

Folks, there will be votes, honorific prizes but always a lot of interest and fun!

I am now expecting to receive news from many of you as soon as possible and remain at your disposal to provide you with any kind of additional information.

We also hope the weather to co-operate as nicely as it did around here since 2 weeks (often sunny and in the 27-33?C range).

Thank you for your interest for our event !

My ever friendly regards to everybody.
Welcome all, have much fun and always stay happy!

Zelimir