[meteorite-list] Nininger's Meteorite Museum Ruins

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:33:15 +0000 (UTC)

One consults a public record-- known in some jurisdictions as the "tax roll" in the tax assessors office. Now days, most county tax rolls are online. You go to the county tax map , locate the plot of land's ID number then look up the owner's name of record. This varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but essentially the process. Most times it will include the address where tax invoices are sent.

A few years ago when validating Marc Fries early radar work on a fireball in rural eastern Kentucky, I did this to locate the names of all the land owners affected. Locating the "names" is the easy part. Actually finding them is tedious--especially when they are held by distant trusts, etc.

We had to have copies of multiple plots made so we could tape together a map of the "big picture" but that was right there in the courthouse. The old adage of remembering what one learned in Kindergarten was proved again by the adroit use of tape and scissors.

Regards,
Elton

You wrote:

Hi!

Thank you all very much for the advises! Does anybody knows who is the land owner of the place of Nininger's Ruins? And were could I find the contacts? It would be a really good thing if I could contact the owner, indeed. I certainly want to do it all in legal way.

Best Regards,
Karlis
Meteoriti.LV