[meteorite-list] Man Made Meteorites at Tucson

From: Greg Frazier <meteorfraz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 13:09:03 -0500

Greetings List!

OK, not actually meteorites, but space-flown, reentry surviving, groovy specimens to be sure! I will be offering bits and pieces of some of the most historic U.S. Manned Space Vehicles available anywhere!

I have been a collector of space program artifacts for over 35 years and have amassed quite a collection of interesting stuff. In all those years, I have only met a grand total of two meteorite collectors who were not interested in this material. I have been putting together a nice selection of these artifacts and will be making them available to this community during the first week of the Tucson show. Here is a small cross section of what I will have:

Space Shuttle Orbiters- specimens of HRSI thermal protection tile fragments, all flown and removed due to damage sustained on operational missions. All 5 orbiters represented! All come with copies of NASA disposal paperwork and scrap tags! I have individual pieces and sets representing all 5 ships! NOTE: Purchasers must be US citizens to buy this material. Sorry, its the law! Everything here is on the up-and-up.

I will also have an interesting assortment of early sub-orbital spacecraft parts including the V-2 Rocket and many others. These specimens are available to all! I will have a wide variety of goodies with me for sale and for trade.

I have been out of the meteorite business for quite some time now due to other responsibilities. I have not been to the Tucson show since 2001! (I was a meteorite dealer and a buyer for the California State University Geological Sciences Departments) I have done business with many of you and have been a "lurking" member of the list for many years. I look forward to rekindling some old friendships! I will be mobile at the show and plan on visiting every meteorite dealer.

Anyone with an interest in my material please drop me a line at meteorfraz at aol.com and I will send a few images of the type of material I am offering. I will be happy to arrange meetings at your convenience!

I am so damn excited about returning to Tucson I am at a loss for words!!

See you there....

Greg Frazier
Randsburg, California