[meteorite-list] August eclipse in Wyoming

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:56:09 +0000

This will be a big event for astronomy buffs across the US. ?I managed to snag a room at the Old Faithful Inn for the 4-5 days around the event, and am planning to drive down into Grand Tetons National Park that day for best viewing, about 100 miles. ?The Bad Astronomer set up one of his Science Ranch Getaways along the path of totality?for that period; it sold out within 2 days of being posted. ?Our tame astrophysicist has a family cabin in West Yellowstone, and has already declared his intent to camp there during the event.

Just because you can't make it to the Wyoming area during the eclipse doesn't mean you can't view it; the eclipse cuts a swath across the CONUS from Oregon to North Carolina. ?Unless you are in the SW or NE corner of the US, you are probably no more than a day or two drive away from good viewing, weather permitting ?

Best!
Tracy Latimer