[meteorite-list] Art Ehlmann's memorial service

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 17:50:36 -0400

cc: ==> met-list share.

Dear Rhiannon,

With a heavy heart I hope you can receive as well as forward
my condolences to Carol and all of Art's friends and extended family.

Art was the most generous and encouraging curator I can
contemplate, thoroughly engrossed and enjoying his profession.
Art inspired me when we met several times, and that generosity
continues to inspire me today in it special way.

Not only did he invite me into TCU's museum, but he and Carol
kindly had me over for dinner on an occasion and I thoroughly
enjoyed our conversations, which if I recalled, those migrated
between meteorites to wild birds and then flew back some.

Please find attached three images I would like to share.

#A is the three of us having a bite to eat in a cafe on campus I
believe you know well;
#B is a picture inside the museum of a meteorite I had a long
and happy discussion with Art about, the pallasite Otinapa; and
#C was Art in his infinite enthusiasm and generosity - driving
me to Dallas to catch a bus home. I always liked due to the
three way reflections and Art's pleasant smile.

Art is now en-route to that place where we all eventually go,
and he will be missed by those temporarily left behind.

I know we will eventually meet our mercurial gazes again
in the living exhibition of the sky, and rest our feet upon a
fascinating and warming hearthstone together.

In celebration of his beautiful life, and with respect and prayers to
Carol and family,
Doug