[meteorite-list] Ad - and New Paper about Osceola

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 20:22:35 -0400

Hello List,

I thought I'd share some new things today. First, Alan Rubin has produced a very interesting paper about some of the L chondrites in our collections, and Osceola played it's part. Be sure to give it a read, I found it fascinating! Here's a link to my Osceola page, Alan's paper is at the bottom. I still have some Osceola available.

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/osceola/

I've recently had 3 stones classified and I was super happy with the results. The first one is a case of redemption! I posted this one to the MPOD on 11/27/2015 and there was some doubt as to its meteoritic origins. Thankfully it is a meteorite, NWA 11107, 1 of only 11 with this classification. I am open to offers on the 2.5Kg stone.

NWA 11107 2.56 kg Eucrite Melt Breccia, 1 of only 11 This one is special. The finder apparently burned some cloth on the stone when he found it, maybe giving thanks? It's a must see.

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/shop/fujbqube0p2j9hqjp7yizncufiuszw

NWA 11107 3.24g Eucrite Melt Breccia, 1 of only 11

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/shop/wwjgnwga3gn75luir7elwn9fvappze

This one was a bit of a surprise. The stone was quite dark and I wasn't sure what to think of it, Howardite was not my first guess.

NWA 11108 5.74g Howardite

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/shop/nwa-11108-howardite-end-cut-5747-g

This one I pretty much knew was a howardite. One look and you will agree, It's got that classic look! The pictures are a bit dark but it's actually very fresh looking material.

NWA 11184 4.11g Howardite

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/shop/nwa-11184-full-slice-4111-grams

Entire Sales Page

https://www.cosmicconnectionmeteorites.com/shop/