[meteorite-list] Taiwan elementary school asteroid search program discovers 8 potentially new asteroids - video

From: Matson, Rob D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 18:03:48 +0000

Hi Dirk,

Do you happen to know the asteroid designations that the Taiwan elementary school children found?
(15 minutes of searching the web has not been fruitful.) I'm assuming they are part of the IASC
("Isaac") international search campaign which involves students (almost entirely high schools and
colleges) from all over the world. Different schools are selected to participate each year (I think
15 schools for the spring 2016 campaign?) Participating schools over the years have come from
over 20 countries on five continents including the U.S., India, China (to include Taiwan), Portugal,
Poland, South Africa, Japan, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Germany, England, Kenya, Russia,
Austria, Ghana, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, and more recently S?o Tom? and Pr?ncipe,
Panama and Morocco.

The reason I ask about the Taiwan designations is that I can attempt to locate them in archive
imagery. If I'm successful, this will accelerate their numbering (which is a prerequisite for
naming). --Rob