[meteorite-list] A Meteorite by any other name...

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:08:16 -0600

Thanks to BigJohn Shea for tracking down the belated bio of the meteorite
formerly kown as 'Tissint 2'. This name became popular due to the proximity
of its fall zone ajacent to the 2011 fall 'Tissint of Mars'.

An L4, the 3.79 gm specimen I won on eBay is an individual cut in half.
This allows me to easily judge the thickness of its thick, satin- black
crust. There's also one perfectly globular round chondrule protruding like
a golf ball sitting in a divit. The interior is wall-to-wall chonrules in
every shade of gray. There's almost no matrix but the 'starry sky' of metal
comes out when you rotate the rock.

>From early reports some thought a TKW of 3-4kg was likely but the metbull
stopped the meter at 1,500 gms. W=0.

Glad to have it.