[meteorite-list] Fw: Aztec, NM Meteorite questions

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:24:11 +0000 (UTC)

Forgot to hit "reply all" last night.? Here's what I sent to Dennis.
Frank

     On Monday, March 21, 2016 7:59 PM, Frank Cressy <fcressy at prodigy.net> wrote:

 Hi Dennis,
I researched Aztec for a book on US witnessed falls I writing (to be published this summer).? Very little information was available even in Nininger's files at ASU.? No information concerning the fireball was supplied by the finder, Mr. Dee Begay who found it about 30 miles south of Aztec on the Navajo Reservation.? Apparently it fell about 5 pm on Feb 1, 1938.? Begay contacted Nininger in March 1939 sending him a small sample of what he thought was a meteorite from this fall.? Nininger the bought the 2.8 kg stone for $12.50.? He cut off a specimen for his collection and the sold or traded the remainder to the Field Museum. That about all I have. (Nothing about the exact location of the stone was found at ASU).
All the best,
Frank