[meteorite-list] Meteorite reveals rare unstable element

From: Zelimir Gabelica <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 17:43:34 +0100 (CET)

Hello Derek, List

Very exciting reading !

For info, I have acquired in 2013 a 14.7 g Allende fragment that also shows a nice 9.5x5 mm CAI exhibiting a neatly distinct pink color (and also a curious reddish-brown color on some of its (black) crust areas).

I was mainly intrigued by the pink CAI but nobody could provide me some explanation.
I don't claim the same phenomenon (presence of curium) is responsible of that color in my sample but now I can't help imagining that the curium hypothesis could possibly also explain the color of my CAI.
Probably worth some further analysis ?

Regards to all,

Zelimir