[meteorite-list] Need help pricing Nininger books & NIPR Catalogs

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:14:55 -0700

Hello List Members,
We are trying to help an old friend who is not Internet savvy to sell his book collection.
Some of his book titles have been of interest on this Met-list in the past.
But many of his titles are "unavailable" or are rare and we are having difficulty in
trying to determine an asking price for his books. We are turning to the expertise
on this Met-list to ask for help in this matter. But, please reply OFF-LIST.
Any help would be appreciated,
Moni
http://beaulide.tripod.com/books/book-sales-meteorites.htm

Here is a short-list of the titles:
"The Published Papers of Harvey Harlow Nininger - Biology and Meteoritics"
 Signed by the author, "H.H.Nininger"
 Edited by George A. Boyd, Publication No. 9 by the Center for Meteorite Studies, ASU, Tempe, AZ
 June, 1971 (blue hardcover with clear plastic dustcover)

"The Nininger Collection of Meteorites - A Catalog and A History"
 by H.H. Nininger and Adie D. Nininger
 A Publication of the American Meteorite Museum, 1950 (brown hardcover)

"Find a Falling Star"
 by H.H. Nininger
 1972 (blue hardcover with original dust-jacket)

"Coon Mountain Controversies - Meteor Crater and the Development of Impact Theory"
 by William Graves Hoyt 1987 (grey hardcover)

"Minerals From Earth And Sky"
 Part I - The Story of Meteorites, by George P.Merrill
 Volume Three of the Smithsonian Scientific Series 74 plates, and 19 figures.
 Copyright 1934 (ruby hardcover)

"Meteors"
 by Charles P. Oliver
 1925 (blue with gold-leaf lettering hardcover)

"Meteorites - Their Structure, Composition, and Terrestrial Relations"
 1915 Field Museum of Natural History.
 A classic by the early 20th century author, Oliver C. Farrington.
 (green hardcover)

"OUT OF THE SKY" - AN INTRODUCTION TO METEORITICS
 by H.H. Nininger
 1952 (brown hardcover)

"Japanese Catalogs":

"Catalog of Yamato Meteorites in the Collection of the NIPR"
(National Institute of Polar Research). Yanai, K. (1979),
Tokyo: NIPR, 188 pp., 10 plates -- ruby-red hardcover.

"Blue books":
"Yamato Meteorites Collected In Antarctica In 1969"
ed. Nagata, 1975 -- Special Issue No. 5
"Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Yamato Meteorites", 1978.
"Proceedings of the Third Symposium on Yamato Meteorites", 1979.
"Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Yamato Meteorites", 1979.
"Proceedings of the Fifth Symposium on Yamato Meteorites", 1980.