[meteorite-list] Kalahari lunar vs NWA 5000

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:06:10 -0700

The Kalahari "Lunar meteorites", if they exist at all at the claimed
weights, have been managed poorly. First of all, the weight is rounded off
to an even 13,500 grams on the larger stone which is suspicious to begin
with and then the only published image is blurry and overexposed. For all we
know, these stones were weighed on a bathroom or produce scale and we all
know how accurate those are or the weight might have been guesstimated since
the scale might top out at ten kilograms. There are no flight markings or
anything that resembles a crust. The way it is, Kalahari 009 would not meet
the strict standards of achieving a recognizable world record due to poor
management, lacking documentation and multiple verified witnesses.

NWA 5000, on the other hand, was weight certified within ten minutes of
unpacking it at the University of Washington with multiple witnesses
present. The occasion was well-documented and photographed. I spent over
200 hours creating a casting mold and manufacturing two precise replicas in
order to preserve details which would be lost the second it was cut. I
have worked with NWA 5000 since it was found, spent months single-handedly
negotiating its purchase, thousands of hours solely micromanaging every
aspect of it including developing a website that is about the stone and not
me. I have never used this stone to shamelessly promote myself; It has
always been about the stone.

I spent the first six years, before others came onboard, trying to place the
nearly complete NWA 5000 main mass whole but ran into interference every
step of the way. This included three well-known dealers offering the
Kalahari "lunar" main mass to prospective buyers. I asked repeatedly for
them to produce the Kalahari "moon rocks" and even offered to purchase them.

When it came time, the Kalahari "lunar meteorites" were nowhere to be seen
which is the case of many other fraudulent offerings.

The Shirokovsky Pallasite comes to mind every time I think of the Kalahari
"Moon Rocks."

Now there is a claim of a puzzle meteorite weighing twice as much.
Reassemble the weathered out puzzle, have it weight certified and then we
will see. Until then, these recent statements mean nothing to be me other
than another jealous or feeble competitive attempt at the top-rated,
Legendary NWA 5000 Lunar Meteorite.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!

Adam