[meteorite-list] Another warning re sales to Italy

From: dean bessey <themeteoriteshop_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 04:12:47 +0000 (UTC)

I can confirm to everybody that this person Davide Urbinati
"Davide Urbinati" <urbinati.davide at gmail.com"
is a crook and should be avoided at all costs.

He got me to. I sent him a package with tracking number and 6 days later he did a paypal non receipt request to cancel the transaction (Obviously knowing full well that 6 days is not enough time for mail to arrive in Italy from Australia - or at least should have known that). He tried to say that I was scamming him because it took a few days for the tracking number to show up online because of the way that I sent the package and he never even emailed me before filing the paypal dispute after 6 days.
Even though they had the tracking number and it was obvious that not enough time had passed for the package to arrive paypal still found in his favour and gave him the refund allowing him to steal my money.

This was even after I blocked all people in Italy from bidding in my ebay auctions and let him be an exception in an off ebay sale. Big mistake on my part.

As somebody who has made more than 50,000 ebay sales I highly recommend blocking everybody from Italy from bidding. This scumbag is just one of the reasons you should block everybody from Italy. Its probably not just all of the scumbags. Apparantly the Italian postal service is the pits to and there is a lot of internet crime preying on ebay sellers.

Be warned and be smart and avoid Italy

But of course no matter what the circumstances if somebody files a case after 6 days without even having the courtesy to send an email first you know that its not a lost in the mail scenario so this individual in particular should be avoided (Even if he moved countries)

Sincerely
Dean