[meteorite-list] Another warning re sales to Italy

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 18:36:27 -0700

 Hi all,

        You all may recall that several years ago multiple
Dealers warned against sales to Italy. It seams at
Least one buyer was claiming not to have received
Shipments that were verified, not to have received
Money that was sent him, etc.

        Unfortunately, I failed to head warnings about
Shipping to Italy. A different Italian contacted me (Or
At least one using a different name and email) and
I explained even Registered Mail seems to fail to
guarantee delivery in Italy but I somehow allowed
him to talk me into a Fed Ex shipment of a specimen.
I agreed, providing he send $50 shipping and agree
to pay any additional amount Fed Ex might charge.

        Perhaps it is the same fellow from several years ago
Using a different name (he was so good at that Art could
Not keep him off the list because he would just join again
Using a different name and email). So, beware of:

"Davide Urbinati" <urbinati.davide at gmail.com>

        Even though I scanned the receipt and sent it to him
He refused to pay the $59.79 Fed Ex charged me. So, I am
Out that $.

        Believe me, I will never ship to Italy again.

        Better luck to all of you,
        Michael Blood