[meteorite-list] NWA 5000 Mold Making Images

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:57:11 -0700

Dear List Members,

Many have been asking what the NWA 5000 casting mold system looks like.
Here are a few images of the system I designed, created and build in 2007.
I chose accuracy over durability when building this first generation system.
I was going to take a first generation master casting and produce a mold for
mass production but this option has been taken away from me since a total of
at least 10 castings (7 a which were unauthorized) have already degraded the
master mold. The maximum for a master is five.

You only have one shot at perfection and the unauthorized multiple use of a
thermosetting polymer, which heats up the mold, has degraded the master mold
forever compromising the ability to make perfect replicas.

Links:

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-a.JPG

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-b.JPG

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-c.JPG

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-d.JPG

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-e.JPG

http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/MoldCasting/Mold-f.JPG

I ask in the future that people respect each others intellectual property.
I spent over 200 hours producing this mold, just to have it ruined in the
name of a few bucks,

Adam