[meteorite-list] China Now Hosts The World's Largest Gemand Mineral Show

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 10:57:55 -0800

The official Tucson Visitors site estimates attendance at 50,000 this year.
I believe they estimated 90,000 last year with less than 40,000 that
actually attended.

http://www.visittucson.org/media/research-facts/event-profiles/

Perhaps Tucson will have a better show this year. I enjoy smaller shows and
would not want to be overwhelmed with patrons pawing at goods like the
Chinese show. The images of crowds at the China show, with standing room
only, would turn me off. Another positive note is that the lack of
competition will make for another buyer's market this year and Hotels will
not be jacking up their rates to $290.00 a night like in the 1990s.

Adam