[meteorite-list] China Now Hosts The World's Largest Gem and Mineral Show

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 09:31:24 -0500

Hi All,

Tucson is the greatest gem and mineral show in the world.
There are so many reasons why.

The problem is non disclosure of an imitation or "fake", not selling one.
Only when something is sold to deceive does it become a problem.
Meteorites have been sold as rare falls when they are not. Sapphires
have been sold as "Kashmir" when they are not.
Pure deception.

Lab grown emeralds make beautiful jewelry. Lab grown crystals can be
astonishing.
Making a reproduction meteorite or dinosaur as a cast is an accepted
and valued practice.
Making green glass in your kitchen and selling it as a tektite is deception.
None are the real deal from nature and some are made in dishonest greed.
The other is sold to show wonder and amazement.

Know the product
Know your source
Examine closely
Ask questions
Buy wisely

If one doesn't know what they are looking at, they can be tricked.
It's happened to the best.

"knowledge is power"

John