[meteorite-list] Lake Eyre meteorite 'Crown property', researchers required to hand findings over

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:36:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hey Galactic Stone, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?? ;-)
Did this line in that article hit you too close to home:

"Professor Bland said he suspects there are amateur astronomers who are
frustrated by legislation requiring them to hand back their discoveries from outer space."

I find the phrase "hand back" interesting.? If you accept that this meteorite was "stolen from the Queen", then
the only legal recourse for Professor Bland is for him to take that meteorite back out to the Queen's Outback and
shove it back into that muddy hole from which it was purloined.? If you want it so bad, you know where it is??

I think this would be a great opportunity for a group discussion comparing the Queen's "policies" relating to how
meteorite finds are handled in Australia vs. Canada vs. England vs. U.S. public lands.
Personally, I vote that the U.S. adopt the "policy" version that the Canadian's enforce.? It's proven that it works!

Galactic Stone is right.? It's time to refute the insane rhetoric that a recently fallen meteorite is an "artifact".? Insanity!
???