[meteorite-list] Old Windows-PC version of Catalog of Meteorites Question

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:48:48 -0500

Hi List,

Many years ago, I purchased the Catalog of Meteorites and it came with
a digital version on a CD-ROM. The digital version was a handy
reference on my old Windows XP-powered netbook. After years of
faithful service, the netbook died and now I am using a new Acer
netbook running Windows 10.

I had to use an external CD-drive to install the digital COM and I got
it to install, but now when I try to run the program the usual way, a
window pops up asking me for a name and password. This is new and I
have never seen this before. The book and CD does not mention any name
or password, and thus far I am locked out of my own copy of the COM.

Has anyone else encountered this on a newer (post-XP) Windows machine?
 And if so, is there a way to fix it? (or a name/password combo) ?

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com