[meteorite-list] 2016 E.T. meteorite giveaway!

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 20:32:29 +0000

The January, 2016 meteorite giveaway!

I didn't win the powerball lottery last night, but am still feeling the spirit of giving. Digging through the vaults, preparing and packing for the Tucson show, I came across these cosmic gems and decided to give them away.
The oriented Gao stone was broken and glued together long before I bought it 10 years ago. It weighs 7.6 grams. The Amgala stone (Oum Dreyga) is very fresh, lighting makes it look more weathered than it really is. I bought this stone on one of many trips to Northwest Africa, this trip was in January of 2004. It is a gorgeous stone, complete but for one surface which broke in flight and was partially healed over with secondary fusion crust. The primary fusion crust on this 48 gram stone is black as night with a purple hue similar to that found in Allende or Murchison crust. The two end cuts of NWA-1906 are cuts from stones totaling one kilo of this R-4 type meteorite that I bought from Blaine Reed many years ago.

So here is the deal. Write a private Email to etmeteorites at hotmail.com
 Please, don't write messages, we are busy preparing for Tucson and will not have the time to reply, much less read messages.
Simply write your name in the body of the email and write this message; 'Count me in'

I will collect names for a week, put them in a hat and have someone draw the name of the winner.
Whether you are a dealer, collector, researcher, teacher, curator, curious kid or simply someone who enjoys winning free stuff, feel free to add your name to the hat. Next week we will draw a name, announce the winner and ship these magic Elf Stones to the lucky one. The winner will be announced next week!

We will be in Tucson at Inn Suites - Hotel Tucson City Center from January 26th until around the 10th to 12th of February. In addition to minerals from my personal collection, fossils, books and meteorites, we will be sharing lots of fine tequila and bourbon.
Come on by for a dram of Pappy! More party, less work!

Hoping Patrick makes his promised four day appearance this year.

Edwin

Find pictures on my Facebook page.