[meteorite-list] Update new fall near Copenhagen

From: Lars Zielke <zielke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 21:24:11 +0100

Oh no, this is Denmark. Whatever falls from the skies is the sole property of the state.

It will end up at the Natural History Museum of Denmark, says associate professor Henning Haack. They have already been all over the media telling people that they must deliver any finds to the them. It's called "danekr?" and should be turned over because the laws say meteorites have exceptional scientific or exhibition value. Funny we regards falls in Denmark to be of more value than meteorites falls in other countries. You can buy meteorites at the museum, but not Danish ones.

So I'll probably be ending up paying to see the meteorite at exhibition in Copenhagen, unless I find a piece myself and don't tell anybody about it. Which is not that fun :(

The piece is according to Henning Haack to be sent to Italy for further analysis.

Pics and interview - in Danish.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/viden/stump-fra-meteorit-fundet-i-ejby-ved-glostrup

/Lars

Lars,
Amazing!
Are any of the smaller fragments available for sale?
Cheers,
John A. Shea
IMCA 3295

Sent using the mail.com mail app