[meteorite-list] Larry Atkin's New Website

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:33:07 -0800

Hi Larry and List Members,

Thank you for posting a link to your website I read through it with
fascination. It must have taken you several hundred hours, if not a
thousand to compile and author this awesome website. I have been to most of
the places you have posted here in the southwest yet we have never crossed
paths in the field. It proves, once again, that the southwestern US can
produce high levels of excitement and adventure, practically in your own
backyard, without ever having to step foot out of the country if you live
here.

I have not even had the time to post a field trip report on our grueling
2,200 mile plus, 2 week, September 2016 Team LunarRock hunt here in Nevada.
I was especially interested in your Battle Mountain trip report since we own
2,800 plus feet of Trout Creek front passing through one of our properties
in Lander County, Nevada. I wonder if meteorite hunters found anything near
the creek you mention that the trout disappear underground in the Battle
Mountain area. I did not find any meteorites in Battle Mountain but found
other treasure.

A few images of the third and fourth days of Team LunarRock's September
Trip:

Google Earth image of one of our properties in Lander County (Battle
Mountain):
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/TroutCreekPropertyGoogleEarth.jpg

Team LunarRock September 2016 Battle Mountain campsite on property
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/TroutCreekPropertyCampSite.jpg

One of two branches of Trout Creek (Dry Branch) that passes through the top
of our property:
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/TroutCreekPropertyDriedOutBranch.jpg

What every gold prospector loves to see, a black pay streak! I have been
watching the GOLD RUSH show too much:
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/TroutCreekPropertyBlackPayStreak.jpg

Gold clean out in the kitchen. I do not have a clean out shack like the
Hoffman's
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/GoldSpiral.jpg

Results after four total hours worth of work including clean out:
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/BattleMountainProperty2016/GoldFourHours.jpg

Maybe I will be able to find some time to do a full report of the September
Team LunarRock hunt which included some new members and some old ones. It
is full of twists and turns with a few of the previous year's mysteries
solved (curious iron stones and a giant unreachable crystal in a vug). A
few new mysteries were added on this years hunt which ended with finding
real treasure, besides gold, on the last day.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
Team LunarRock