[meteorite-list] New fall in hand. Aiquile Bolivia.

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:01:11 -0500

A few reasons, mostly relating to the excitement of the hunt in the altitude when you exert yourself ... increased heartbeat, breathing and full utilization of the lungs, thrill from a chase being lightheaded, especially for us coastal folk.

And, if memory serves, for stones in particular,I think you could have them impacting 15-20% faster around 8000 feet. That means anything much larger than a basketball can be in supersonic free fall, though very dependent on orientation and shape. It makes witness accounts more spectacular with the less diffused sonic booms and then the ricocheting of them. So for me, yes, very special unless you have to spend your time just shopping around to buy from the local hunters and finders.

Maybe not such a big deal at 6000 feet as over 8000 feet, so not another Carancas (altitude 12,000 feet, but Google that to be sure)... but the nice backdrop ought to have pick up the difference.

OK, hurry up and put up the story and stones :-) and congrats to Greg and you on the successful recovery!

Doug