[meteorite-list] Hunting Arizona's Newest Strewn Field (Congrat's!)

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:54:19 -0700

Ruben and all!

I had not fired up the database files I have in a long time and I just
completed inputting Myke's finds into the database. I can not go into
much detail except for the finds that made it to the Met Bull...and I am
very happy to see some of them now classified! You can look at YUCCA 041
(H3-6) in the Met Bulls and see that finds in that area occurred long
ago. That said, early on, I know for a fact that Denny Asher did not
have a GPS and much of the find data back then was the pointy finger
method. At some point in time, Jerry Baird gave Denny a GPS and gave
him instruction on how to use it out of frustration of not having good
find data. Next thing that happened was Denny came up with a strewn
field every time he found two meteorites! Had he kept that up, there
would have been 360 degrees worth of strewn fields! Often, they just
walked areas looking for the critters on the surface. Very much looking
forward to Dr Garvie's classification. Thin section turned out beautimus!

Now, back to watching epoxy cure!

Jim