[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell (+ 2001, Aug 13) - In Memoriam

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 12:45:19 +0000

On May 16, 1999, Darryl sent me an email and wrote among other things:

"I have been a rock collector since I was a kid, and that Bug finally
provided me a car that would take me most anywhere in North America in
my search for rare rocks.
Over the next two and a half decades, I drove my Beetles and related
vehicles about 1.5 million miles on trips to Canada, Mexico, twice to
Kentucky, twice to Georgia, about 10 times to eastern Texas, and several
times to volcanic sites way up north. Also included were dozens of week-
end trips to Southern California deserts to hunt meteorites on dry lakes."

Cheers, Bernd