[meteorite-list] Group of Moroccans Found the Association for Meteorite Professionals in Erfoud, Morocco

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:52:56 -0700

It is good to see the Moroccans interested in proactively protecting the
open trade of meteorites/fossils/minerals and are doing something about it.
It is interesting that their model is based on the proven principles of
capitalism, a system that works until bureaucrats detect that somebody may
actually be paid for their hard work and feel something has to be done about
it. It is already too late for the United States where public land is being
nationalized at an alarming rate. Road blocks and keep out signs are
already being installed at an alarming rate here in the Mohave Desert, a
vast area that was open to meteorite and mineral hunting just a few years
ago.

Although capitalism is a proven system, I will be keeping my eye out for
price fixing which is illegal here in the United States and can result in
prison time for those who engage in it.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Price+Fixing

I believe in a free and open markets, not cartels so let us hope it stays
clean, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartel

Adam