[meteorite-list] Mexico Doug Okay?

From: rickmont at earthlink.net <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:38:07 -0700

Get better!
-Richard "Rick Bob" Montgomery

-----Original Message-----
From: MexicoDoug via Meteorite-list
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:44 AM
To: epgrondine at yahoo.com ; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Mexico Doug Okay?

Thanks Ed for asking. I've been disabled for the last 5 weeks from an
accident. I hope I'll be able to stand again soon. Walking might be a bit
longer, and I hope for a complete recovery.

It wasn't caused by wrestling a 5 meter long gator attempting to rip a
meteorite out of his jaws. He wasn't out prowling for gastroliths and I
don't believe he had a cache of a new class of meteorites in his gizzards.
I didn't have to outrun him at 80 kph across swamps, pinelands and through
the palmettos. He never sunk his teeth into my juicy leg. I didn't even,
have to use my GPS unit to prop open his jaws to withdraw my shredded leg.
There was not a full row of his teeth ever embedded in my femur. Not
particularly interesting TV material.

I'd enjoy writing a full length meteorite hunting fantasy sometime. Hope
there will be no further opportunities to do it :-)

Kindest wishes
Doug