[meteorite-list] Local to Las Vegas expert needed to rewiew afind.

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 09:44:41 -0700

I gave up on a classification that was submitted in 2005. It was a fresh
type 3 oriented chondrite that my wife, Zann found. It was the very first
meteorite she ever recovered and it was a cold find. It would have been
serial number one but I think the unsavory practice of embargoing dry lake
bed finds interfered with the classification data being published in the
Bulletin.

I no longer submit U.S. finds for classification. I prefer to keep
personally found meteorites whole and intact. Why cut a personal find when
the odds of it being published are slim, even with the data submitted by a
Nom Com recognized scientist? Mine stay in a box so that I can enjoy the
memories of the hunt at a later date.

Adam