[meteorite-list] Ad: Outstanding 100 % fully crusted Creston complete individual

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 22:03:06 -0500

Hi List,

I just returned from hunting for the Creston meteorite. Our team spent 5 days (3 guys) hunting on the first trip and 3 days ( 4 guys) on the second trip . There was a total of
230 man hours spent in the field hunting. This was a very tough hunt. Every piece of land was private property and we spent an extensive amount of time securing permission to hunt these fields. On the first trip we recovered two meteorites; 102 and 82 gram pieces. Both of these pieces are spoken for. Another stone was acquired on our second trip. It weighs 72.6 grams and is a beautiful 100% fully crusted individual. It has flow lines down both sides and a roll over lip. It is shaped like an axe head with fusion crusted chondrules peeking out from under the crust. This is truly a spectacular piece and is the only complete specimen for sale from this fall to date.

To my knowledge there has been a total of 6 stones recovered from this fall with a TKW of 852.3 grams. This total includes the three stones mentioned above. This was a very tough hunt and there were many hunters out in the fields over the past week. Again as far as I know there was only 6 stones recovered. I hope to post some pictures from the hunt over the next few days. If you are interested in the complete individual you can see it on mine or Terry Scott's Facebook page or check back on my website www.nevadameteorites.com in a couple of days. I am going to take more photos of it tomorrow and then post them on my website along with some trip pictures of the team. I want to give a special congratulations to Terry Scott for finding these beautiful stones. His first find was made less than 24 hours after the initial Creston meteorite was found. This hunt was successful from the combined efforts of all of those involved. If you are interested in this stone contact off list for pricing.

Sonny Clary