[meteorite-list] Ad: Two hard to find specimens for sale (Ad 7/12)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 04:59:30 +0100

Hello Meteorite Friends,
?
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
?
I have extra specimens of two difficult to find meteorites so I am putting them up for sale so that others can add them to their collections.
?
1) 0.146g specimen of Kandahar, L6 with Blaine Reed provenance. ?$100.00
This is a piece of a fall from 1959, which was acquired by the Swiss Museum with much difficulty from Afghanistan. ?This is the only meteorite from Afghanistan. ?It was only through the help of a pre-eminent Russian scientist, and the Diplomatic Corps in Afghanistan, that the meteorite was able to be exported and classified at the time. ?I started hunting down specimens of Kandahar after I acquired David Ribeca's piece. ?I was later contacted by Blaine Reed informing me that he had one he could offer me. ?This is one of only six specimens of Kandahar I've been able to identify in private collections, making it exceptionally rare. ?A chance to get your hands on a piece of a truly historic fall, that will never go down in value, and I'm passing it on to you at the sticker's price. ?:-)
?
2) 23.7g specimen of Nova 008, L6 with Wayne Harrington provenance. ?$47.00
The date for this specimen is uncertain but pre-dates 1972, as stated in the Meteoritical Bulletin. ?I accidentally bought two pieces of Nova 008 some time ago, and have been sitting on this one planning to put it up for sale. ?If you are not already aware, Nova is the designation that is given to any meteorite that is classified without the information needed to attribute it to a specific location or region. ?In other words, when someone won't own up to where the meteorite came from, it gets called "Nova" with a number following. ;-)
?
Please contact me if you are interested in photos. ?Always willing to consider offers. ?:-)
?
Happy to provide free first class domestic shipping for these. ?Please contact me for an international shipping quote.
?
Cheers,
John A. Shea
IMCA 3295