[meteorite-list] Witness information that is more helpful than color

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 07:02:52 -0700

I seek color in submitted witness reports, not necessarily to provide
additional scientific information (although it's data, so I wouldn't
completely rule out that possibility), but rather, to understand how
people see things differently, and to make for a more complete public
report, since public education about fireball events is part of our
function. Meteor color is as much a part of the phenomenon as
brightness, speed, fragmentation, and everything else. The fact that we
can't directly convert color into composition doesn't mean we shouldn't
include this information in a complete report.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com