[meteorite-list] Lunars for peanuts

From: Laurence Garvie <lgarvie_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 23:12:49 -0700

I know of relatively large lunars that are being offered at around $50/g and not being bought (1 kg stones). There seem to be a plethora of Lunars and Martians. Nice shergottites could be had from the 2015 Tucson show for around $80/g. In the last year, the NomCom has approved 35 lunars (over 16 kg) and 19 martians (around 2 kg).

Personally, given the huge numbers of Lunars being classified, I expect the price to be at the $50/g range or lower in the near future - somewhere in the range of the HEDS.

Laurence

Dr. Laurence A.J. Garvie

Research Professor and Collections Manager
Center for Meteorite Studies
Arizona State University
ISTB4, BLDG 75
781 East Terrace Rd