[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk--OT

From: John Lutzon <jl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:11:49 -0400

Hi All,

Dad told me about 55 years ago---if you do not ask yourself or someone else, you may never know.
I asked myself the following question(s) and found info but not the answer...so i'm asking.

Regarding the Chely meteor(at the time)---when it exploded with a yeild of 500 kilotons at an altitude
of 20 miles, was this sufficient energy to throw any mass "straight up" into low orbit? Or does everything
just continue into eventual dark flight?

I realize that mass impacts other mass and may throw objects into space but i'm particularly asking
about 500 kt. at 20 miles with earth's gravity. Any calcs. or studies on this?

Found much info about yeild-vs-altitude-vs-psi at nukefix.org but not an answer.

Thank you, John