[meteorite-list] Looking skywards for job that rocks

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:47:03 -0700

Now this is a job I would have to say that ROCKS :)

Enjoy

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html
Website http://meteoritefalls.com

Looking skywards for job that rocks

Planetary scientists are monitoring 32 cameras that have been set up in
the WA bush to track and record meteorites, space debris and anything
else entering Earth's atmosphere.

As with the meteorite that was seen all over Perth yesterday, the Desert
Fireball Network team will attempt to retrieve remnants of any
meteorites believed to have survived the journey to Earth.

Professor Phil Bland, director of the Curtin University project, said
the network was the only meteorite research project in the world to
focus on the desert as a place to spot and find meteorites.

"Great nights, great skies and if something lands, you've not vegetation
around, so it's lot easier to pick something up, which is the goal," he
said.

"After going through the phase of building it up and doing a lot of
field work to get it out there, we're finally at the point now where we
can start looking at the data. What's exciting now is that we should be
going out and looking for meteorites."

source:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26580017/looking-skywards-for-job-that-rocks/