[meteorite-list] Classification Correction- Gold Basin

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:53:43 -0500

Hello List,

For those that were paying attention to the Gold Basin thread, I made a mistake and sent the classification details for the wrong meteorite! I had several stones classified at the same time and I copied the write up for a different L6, not GB. Here's the correct info.

UCLA (Rubin, Breen)

specimen 1938, received October 2, 2014, 1 piece, 66.2 g
L6 S5 W2
olivine: Fa 23.3?0.2 (n=11); low-Ca pyroxene: Fs20.2?0.7 Wo1.0?0.2 (n=15)

The rock exhibits strong mosacisim and contains maskelynite. Polycrystalline troilite is present. Some metal grains contain small, irregularly shaped troilite grains within them.

Thanks to everyone for the congrat's and kind words.

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?
IMCA # 1941