[meteorite-list] Controversy About Naturally Occuring Asbestos, Clark and Nye Counties, Nevada

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:15:17 -0800

Thanks for the heads up since Eldorado Dry Lake is in the middle of this
hazardous area.

In 1998, chemical processing at a Uranium and Rare Earth Elements mine in
California was stopped after a series of wastewater leaks. Hundreds of
thousands of gallons of water carrying radioactive waste spilled into and
around Ivanpah Dry Lake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanpah_Lake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine

It is nice that no warning signs were put out when this California company
contaminated public land and tried to walk away from it like nothing
happened.

Valley fever which is a type of fungus can be dangerous if inhaled as well,

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/valley-fever/basics/definition/con-20027390

These are a few reasons I insisted on installing absolute cabin filters in
my off-road vehicles. I do not want to grow a third arm although it may
prove useful in the field.

Happy Hunting,

Adam