[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk is not a impact-melt?

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 21:38:27 -0700

Steve and Quinn Arnold are telling us on Facebook that Chelyabinsk is not an impact-melt breccia, and that Tony Irving confirms that. Is that true? Funny when I google it, hundreds of papers discuss the metric ton of known Chelyabinsk as all being impact-melt material. Of course, those of us who went there and have a large amount of Chelyabinsk can tell you that it sure seem full of clasts, and melt pockets and shock veins. Since his kickstarter rock seems to be the only known LL5 melt (according to the (met. Bull.)and Chelyabinsk seems to be nothing of the sort, it is amazing to me.
Comments? Anyone in this list, scientist or collector know something I don't, that Chelyabinsk is a "non" impact-melt meteorite?
Micael Farmer

Sent from my iPad