[meteorite-list] AD: Exceptionally Rare Specimens Temporarily on Sale! (Ad 2/12)

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 07:13:44 +0200

Hello Meteorite Enthusiasts!
?
Today is your lucky day!? ;-)? For a limited time I am attempting to rally some funds.? I?m putting some exceptionally rare specimens up for sale here, all of them listed for relative bargain prices.
?
Fair warning:? Once I meet my funding goal, I will be withdrawing the remaining ?rare specimens? from sale.
?
Below you will also find a $200 package deal! ?I have bundled some specimens from my prior sale list together to form a package deal that would be impossible to match elsewhere.
?
Additionally, the remaining previously advertised Unclassified NWAs are still available here at bargain prices.
?
I?m always open to hearing offers. :-) Please contact me for photos and shipping info.
?
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
?
Cheers,
John A. Shea
IMCA 3295
?
RARE SPECIMENS:
?
NWA 7325, Achondrite Mercury - 0.67g part slice, great surface area - Provenance directly from Stefan Ralew who holds the main mass = $850 (Does not need much explanation.? There are various pairings of this, but this original is nearly impossible to find outside of micros.)
?
NWA 7194, R4 ? 28.6g main mass end cut ? Provenance from Greg Hupe who brought specimen to market = $400 (A truly gorgeous R-class specimen worthy of the best collections.)
?
NWA 998, Achondrite Nakhlite Mars - specimen jar with 0.5g worth of fragments ? Provenance from Greg Hupe = $250 (Widely studied and difficult to find meteorite.? Another specimen just like this is online for $2000.)
?
Lazarev, Ungrouped Iron, Antarctica - 0.42g part slice ? Provenance from Robert Elliot Collection = $300 (Incredibly rare, first Antarctic iron, probably will never see it again.)
?
LA002, Achondrite Shergottite Mars, Los Angeles ? 0.2g fragment ? Provenance from Robert Verisch who holds the main masses of LA001, and LA002 = $225 (I purchased this directly from Bob, so it will come with his provenance cards.)
?
Nakhla, Achondrite Mars, Egypt ? 0.25g fragment ? Provenance from Peter Marmot Collection = $250 (Type specimen of the Nakhlite classification of Martian meteorites, and this is the ?King of Mars?.)
?
NWA 2999, Angrite ? 2.57g fragment ? Provenance from Mike Bandli, Greg Hupe = $200 (Only 12 known meteorites classified as Angrite, and this is the ?King of Angrites?.)
?
UNCLASSIFIED NWAs
?
NWA XXX ? 143.4g ? Cut, low iron, various chondrules, one side weathered, one side partly oriented with primary fusion crust ? from a find in 2013 - Provenance Mirko Graul ? 20 cents per gram
?
NWA XXX ? 243.5g ? Cut, low iron, various chondrules, mostly secondary fusion crust, not much weathering on exterior ? from a find in 2013 ? Provenance Mirko Graul ? 20 cents per gram
?
NWA XXX ? 290.0g ? Cut, moderate iron, various chondrules, one side of primary fusion crust, other sides fragmented with some weathering ? from a find in 2013 ? Provenance Mirko Graul ? 20 cents per gram
?
NWA XXX ? 454.5g ? Cut, low iron, plentiful chondrules, mostly secondary crust with minimal weathering, would make for excellent slicing ? from a find in 2013 ? Provenance Mirko Graul ? 20 cents per gram
?
NWA XXX ? 515.0g ? Cut, moderate iron, seems to be a shock melt specimen with what appears to be a transition zone to matrix and chondrules, three sides with fresh appearing primary and secondary fusion crust, other sides fragmented with some weathering ? No longer have a record of provenance, will provide my own ? 30 cents per gram
?
NWA XXX ? 872.0g ? Uncut, obvious chondrite, somewhat weathered with 4 sides of secondary and tertiary fusion crust, many contraction cracks, other sides fragmented, displays well and feels impressive in the hands ? No longer have a record of provenance, will provide my own ? 20 cents per gram
?
EVERYTHING BELOW FOR $200!!
Beni Yacoub L/LL4 (Tata, Morocco) 395mg fragment ? Adam Bates ? suspension box $30
Bondoc Mesosiderite (Phillipines) 4.2g small full slice ? Ruben Garcia ? gem case $30
Itqiy (Sahara) EH7-an micro, Corey Kuo, gem case $25
Juvinas Eucrite (France) micro, Zachery Forestburg, gem case $20
New Concord L6 (Ohio) 0.260g part slice, Anne Black, Shawn Alan, part slice $30
Peace River L6 (Canada) 0.122g part slice, Schooler?s, Shawn Alan, gem case $30
Valera L5 (Venezuela) <0.10g small appreciable part slice, Shawn Alan, gem case $20
NWA 869 L4-6 Oriented 4.61g individual, Polandmet.com, gem case $25
NWA 2626 Olivine Phyric Shergotite x4 subgram fragments, and some micros ? Hupe Collection ? specimen jar $30
NWA 4688 H5 3.12g individual ? Stonewarehouse ? gem case $15
NWA 6423 CV3 1.1g and 2.0g individuals ? Lonestar Meteorites ? gem case $20
NWA 6827 CO3 0.57g part slice, Sergey Vasiliev, gem case $20
NWA 6953 Mesosiderite 1.7g fragment ? Galactic Stone, no card, w/ label ? gem case - $20
NWA 7133 CO3.2 x1 fragment, x5 small part slices = 1.1g, will provide my own card, gem case $20
NWA XXXX Stony-Iron 3.6g individual, Adam Bates, gem case $25