[meteorite-list] Retractable meteorite cane found whilehuntingformeteorites.

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 13:49:02 -0700

John, you are in luck. The stone has been found.

I remember seeing "first light" on NWA 5000 in the Summer of 2007. I knew
it was lunar the second I saw a sample of it under my microscope, even
before sending it out for classification. It was difficult to contain my
excitement until single-handedly securing the entire stone. This took
months to negotiate by myself since it had to be kept secret. I told the
finders it was indeed lunar before acquiring it despite rumors that it was
purchased as a Eucrite. The original finders received a record setting
price for it and everybody was treated fairly at the time of acquisition in
October of 2007.

Be careful what you wish for. This stone packs an immense amount of history,
some good and some bad, since its discovery a short time ago. I guess with
all noteworthy treasure like "Sue the Dinosaur" or the "Bahia Emerald",
controversy comes with the territory. On the other hand, I would never
forgive myself if I hadn't reached for the proverbial "Brass Ring."

Adam