[meteorite-list] June Nevada Trip Questions

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:41:53 -0700

An expert geologist and List Member corrected me. I called a horizontal
mine a "shaft" when it should be called an "adit."

"In mining terminology, shafts are vertical, adits are horizontal"

You are never too old to learn. I am more interested in placer gold than
hard rock mining. Gold prospecting is what got me into meteorites when I
found a metal-bearing and magnetic rock while searching for gold in the
Cascade Mountains decades ago. It turned out not to be a meteorite but I
was able to name the rock type which I call "Teananite" after the Teanaway
river where I found it. Meteorite fever set in soon after.

I have been a treasure hunter since 1975 when my father purchased a Whites
metal detector so all forms of treasure hunting appeal to me.

Happy Hunting,

Adam
Team LunarRock