[meteorite-list] AD: Special - NWA 7603, Enstatite Achondrite

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 22:09:04 +0200

Dear List Members,

today I would like to continue to present some extremely rare and exotic
meteorites.

NWA 7603, an enstatite achondrite with a Tkw of only 126 g.

Enstatite achondrites are a extremely rare class of meteorites with only 6
approved meteorites of this type listed in the Meteoritical Bulletin. The
total weight of all 6 enstatite achondrites together is less than 1 kg, they
are thus rarer than meteorites from Mars and the Moon!
In the Meteoritical Bulletin they are described as followed:
?An enstatite-rich achondrite that has not yet been classified into a
group."

NWA 7603 is a very beautiful meteorite, it is a hard rock which can be
polished very well. Iron metal is well preserved and visible.
The following pieces is all that is available of NWA 7603. Please take a
look under the following link if your are interested.
http://www.sr-meteorites.de/specials/nwa7603/nwa7603.html

If you have any questions, please don?t hesitate to contact me.
info at meteoriten.com

In the coming weeks I will present some more amazing meteorites at this
place, don?t miss the opportunity to aquire some very exotic meteorites for
your collection! Thank you for looking!

Best wishes,
Stefan

SR-Meteorites