[meteorite-list] Son of Man

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:05:02 -0700

The following text is from Dr. Alan Rubin....
we're still trying to work out a html-to-text conversion problem....
hope this makes it to the Met-List.
(You can charge me for this AD; I still have one more to my credit;-)
Bob V.

***************+++++++++___________
It may offend some, but my new novel is available for purchase on Amazon and on Kindle. It is called:

Son of Man: A Personal Memoir by Yehoshuah ben Yahweh, Translated and Edited by Arthur Melton and Monica Wheatley

Here is the description:

The jury is still out -- this memoir, hidden in an Egyptian cave for 2000 years, could be a literary forgery. It purports to be the only extant piece of writing penned by Jesus Christ. Most of the traditional Gospel stories and parables are here, but in nearly every case, the implied lessons differ dramatically from those in the New Testament. The author shows himself to be a charismatic, often ruthless, Jewish nationalist intent on expelling the Romans from Judaea. Jesus befriends the illusionist Simon Magus, who shows him how to stage healings. He recruits the apostle Paul as a double agent and crosses rhetorical swords with Alexandrian and Roman philosophers. He performs astounding deeds: he appears to walk on water and seems to raise Lazarus from the dead. His militia launches guerrilla attacks against Roman caravans while his disciples dispatch perfidious tax collectors. All this in preparation for a daring Passover rebellion. This is a bold story
 of religious fundamentalism, cynical manipulation and political violence, all written with a touch of humor.

Everyone should buy a copy or two. They make great post-Easter gifts.
Alan
--
Alan Rubin
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
e-mail: aerubin at ucla.edu
website: http://cosmochemists.igpp.ucla.edu/Rubin.html