[meteorite-list] NASA Celebrates Earth Day with #NoPlaceLikeHome Event

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 12:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

April 6, 2015

NASA Celebrates Earth Day with #NoPlaceLikeHome Event

This Earth Day, April 22, NASA is asking people around the world to share
pictures and videos on social media that show there is no place like home -
planet Earth.

NASA's Earth Day #NoPlaceLikeHome project seeks to get the public involved
in highlighting the great diversity of the places, landscapes and ecosystems
of our home planet. Participants are invited to post photos and videos that
answer a simple question: What is your favorite place on Earth?

Images can be shared using the hashtag #NoPlaceLikeHome on Twitter,
Instagram, Vine, Facebook, Google+ and Flickr. Leading up to Earth Day, NASA
will participate by posting its own images and videos.

NASA's mission includes exploring beyond Earth and using the vantage point
of space to improve our understanding of the most complex planet we've seen
yet. The agency's Earth-observing satellites, airborne research and field
campaigns are designed to observe our planet's dynamic systems - oceans,
ice sheets, forests and atmosphere - and improve our ability to understand
how our planet is changing and could change.

For more information on the #NoPlaceLikeHome project, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/likehome

-end-

Steve Cole
Headquarters, Washington