[meteorite-list] Introducing NWA 8534 - the 1st CM1/2 Ever Offered For Sale

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:36:35 -0400

Thank you for your answer Carl.

To me the shock value is an important element of the classification of
a meteorite. Just like the weathering value, the condition of the
discovery: exact site, when, conditions (sand dune? swamp? plowed up?
how deep?...... ). All those elements are parts and pieces of the
history of the meteorite, they can tell us a bit of what happened to it
both in space and since it landed on our planet.

And I am sorry Carl, but I always want to know more!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com