[meteorite-list] AD: A Couple Important Updates

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:21:41 -0400

Hello List Members:

A couple important updates:
I just received a few more of those super-rare Ivory Coast Tektites,
not very many left so please take a look, and if you always dreamed of
owning one, don't wait too long: http://www.impactika.com/

And I just completely re-formatted, updated the Thin-Sections page.

Lots of new thin-sections. Even a few thin-sections of NWA 8409, paired
to NWA 7325 as verified by Dr. Tony Irving. But just a few left.
Also, you will find there the result of a very nice trade I made with
ASU (thank you Dr. Garvie): a whole bunch of thin-sections from older,
named meteorites: http://www.impactika.com/TSlist.htm

A couple comments to help you navigate that very busy page:
Any Ref# starting with A-TS..... will indicate that it is a
thin-section from ASU
Also the thin-sections of Pasamonte and Sioux County are clearly quite
old, the epoxy is yellowing in places, and they were obviously not made
by an expert. However they were part of the collection ASU bought
directly from Harvey Nininger when he retired in the 1960s, and those 2
meteorites were studied, publicized and sold by H. Nininger, so could
it be that those thin-sections were made by H. Nininger himself? It is
certainly possible, but it could not be verified by ASU. ( If
interested, read
http://imca.cc/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=199 to learn how
the Nininger collection ended up at ASU).

Any questions, any comments, or problems with the site, just tell me!
Thanks.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com