[meteorite-list] Arizona fireball hunt

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 23:24:12 -0400

Hi List,

I just returned from a meteorite hunt in Arizona. I had a great time
exploring some new areas in Arizona that I have never had a chance to
visit before. I met several people who witnessed the recent fireball.
One described the sound overhead as a truck backfiring. Another said he
heard the explosion and felt the ground shake. Although I did not find
any meteorites on this trip I still had a wonderful time taking
photographs of the area. I always say even if you don't find a
meteorite that the people you meet and the adventures along the way are
as rewarding as finding a meteorite. Here is a link to some pictures
that I took at Wupatki National Park of some ruins in the area. I was
also able to visit 5 newly discovered ruins but was not able to
photograph them. This is a beautiful area of the Southwest and I felt
privileged to spend time there.

Sonny

http://sonnyclaryphotography.smugmug.com/Photos/