[meteorite-list] Type 3 NWA 869's

From: William Feek <lunarmajor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:09:35 -0700

Hi All,

I'm just wanting to get some sort of idea from the list of how rare NWA 869 stones are that contain type 3 clasts, so let me ask this, out of a 1,000 52g stones, how many might end up having a decent sized clast, let's say around a cubic centimeter? Or maybe I should be asking in a different way, out of any given 10,000 grams of 869 material, how many grams might end up being type 3?

Also, I'd like to see some of this stuff, does anybody have any images they could share, whether they be of a slice that distinctly looks type 3, or of the exterior of a promising looking stone?

Thanks, William