[meteorite-list] Ungrouped Achondrite Prices (NWA 7325 and others)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:57:18 -0400

In all fairness, the highest prices seem to be from unknown eBay
sellers with self-proclaimed pairings. Those might not even be real.

I agree that NWA 7325 is a fascinating meteorite with unusual
characteristics. The green crust is very pretty to look at if you are
lucky enough to have a crusted specimen of decent size.

I've wanted a specimen of this meteorite, but I'm not ready to
mortgage the house yet. I'll wait until more confirmed pairings
surface, the combined TKW increases, and the price comes down a bit.
I just can't bring myself to pay planetary prices for a meteorite from
an unknown parent body, fascinating or not.

For that kind of money, one can buy a confirmed lunar or Martian.
Heck, I've seen Zagami or NWA 5000 for less than what some people are
asking for 7325 (or alleged 7325) pieces.