[meteorite-list] Cornucopia of chondrules

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:04:46 +0000

Hi Bernd, all,

Problem sorted! I have now solved the issue after i realised that i
had an attachment on the microscope that was causing the colour shift.
I had a zoom attachment that enabled me to change the magnification
seamlessly from 0.8x to 2x which was very useful for framing when
taking photos. However now that is removed the colours are as they
should be. The results when using this were very much like using an
additional wave plate.This was obviously adding in some unwanted
polarising effects I have now uploaded some before and after photos
with the zoom attachment and without so you can see the difference.The
images are numbered 1 to 10 and the upper image is the with the zoom
attachment and the lower image without. Link is as before:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/94515040 at N03/)

Thank you again Bernd for pointing out the colour shift in my images :-)

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Goff